Special Olympics Nova Scotia is honoured that you have chosen to support our organization financially. While we receive a small amount of our overall budget through Government funding, the majority of our funding is received through sponsorship, fundraisers and donations.
How to Donate
Making a donation via credit card is easy and takes just a few moments. Simply Click Here or on the DONATE NOW button above to be taken to our online donation form.
PayPal – The safer, easier way to pay online!
To pay through Paypal you can follow these instructions:
- You must create an account with Paypal to make a donation. (This can be done by clicking the paypal button to the right)
- After creating your account you will be walked through the steps on how to donate
- Just before completing your transaction, you will see a box entitled “additional comments to seller”. In this box please write a brief description of your donation intention. This is particularly important for memorial donations.
In this box examples of comments could be:
- Memorial Donation – John Smith
- General Donation – Special Olympics (and the name of the community ie – Dartmouth)
- Complete your transaction.
Made out to Special Olympics Nova Scotia
Mailed directly to our office:
5516 Spring Garden Road, Suite 201
Halifax Nova Scotia
We also have the ability to accept credit card payments from Visa and Master Card only. To phone in a donation, please contact Anne Marie @ 429-2266 x 2
Memorial donations can be made in any of the above three methods. Quite often, we will receive donations in memory of a loved one. We are thankful and appreciative of the thought towards Special Olympics during this difficult time. We would like you to know that we strive to accept your donations and be respectful of your decision. Therefore, our policy when collecting memorial donations is to issue a tax receipt to the donor for the amount donated, then after one month of the memorial, we issue a letter to the family acknowledging the donations from family and friends. We are more then happy to accommodate any requests outside of our policy. To discuss this directly with our office, please call the number listed above.
Memorial Donations can also be made donate online.
Tax receipts are issued at the first of each month and are generated for donations $20 and above.
If your company is interested in discussing sponsorship opportunities with Special Olympics please contact:
Mike Greek (President & CEO) – 902-429-2266 x 1
Anne Marie Shannon (Director, Events & Communications) – 902-429-2266 x 2
Our Charitable Tax Number is BN Registration # 11915 9309 RR 0001
**Please note all funds collected are in CAD.
Please read out Refund Policy